- Please inform us if your child has additional insurance coverage or change in insurance coverage. We can only re-bill on your behalf if the claim is corrected within a time limit. The time limit can vary for each insurance company. The account balance will be your responsibility if it has passed the date of filing. If you fail to inform us of new primary or secondary insurance and the insurance company refuses payment, the balance will become your responsibility.
- All co-payments are due on the day of the visit
- Laurel Pediatric and Teen Medical Center does not get involved in financial, legal, separation, or divorce disputes between the guarantor of the account and the person who registered the child. Therefore, if the guarantor is delinquent in paying the account, the balance will be transferred to the person to the person who registered the child.
- We require 24-hour notice to cancel appointments that you are unable to keep. This allows us to schedule appointments for patients who are sick and in need of a same day appointment. We charge $25 if a patient does not show up for an appointment. Repetitious no shows for appointments may result in a patient being discharged from our practice.
- There is a minimum charge of $10 to complete medical/sports forms. These include but are not limited to: schools, sports, driver's license, employment, insurance forms or other forms requesting specific information. This service is not covered by insurance. There is an average turn-around time of 48 hours.
- If your insurance requires a referral to see a specialist, our office needs to be notified as soon as you schedule the appointment.
- We require 5 business days to prepare your referral, no exceptions. Due to privacy regulations, we will only fax your referral to the specialist that you are seeing. We recommend that all referrals be picked up from the office and hand carried.
- Appointments for acute/sick visits can be made by calling the office during business hours. When possible same day appointments will be provided. If calling the office before or after business hours, you may press #1 for the general mailbox to leave a message for an appointment.
- Request for well-child/med check appointments may be made by phone or email firstname.lastname@example.org Please note if made by email, the message will be checked every 24-48 hours, if you have not received a phone call within this time frame please contact the office by phone.
- The email address will be used for well/med check appointments ONLY, do NOT leave an email request for acute/sick visit, medication refills, or urgent medical questions.